After-School Care for Grades 1-6
The Briar Patch Child Care Centre’s Leaders program is a licensed out-of-school care centre with the capacity to care for 12 children, grades 1-6.
The Leaders program incorporates the following programs on specified days of each week:
- Safe Spaces program for anti-bullying
- BP Kids to focus on community issues such as recycling and environmental awareness
- Kindness Counts which focuses on random acts of kindness within the program
- Self-esteem as well as building and sustaining friendships
Various Activities to Interest Your Child
The programming for Leaders is based upon individual suggestions and interests of the group. It is also based upon needs that may arise within the group based upon the teacher’s daily observations. Weekly themes, holidays and other special daily activities are used to augment the program. Activities vary from arts and crafts to cooking, science, board games, team building and problem solving activities.
The general daily schedule is as follows:
- 2:30-3:30 - Outside play, snack and quiet reading time
- 3:30-5:00 - Planned group activity and free play
- 5:00-6:00 - Quiet activity (reading, puzzles, drawing, quiet games)
This schedule is flexible and times are general. During school breaks and Pro-D days the schedule will likely include field trips and more art, science and cooking activities as well as free play. If you have questions or would like to schedule a tour of our facility, please contact us.